desi Methi Dana (Fenugreek Seed)
- Top selection
Finest desi Methi Dana (Fenugreek Seed) is selected, cleaned, and packed in hygienic environment ensuring that all nutritional value is maintained.
· Fenugreek Seeds Reduces Inflammation In Body : Fenugreek helps with inflammation within the body, such as: mouth ulcers, boils, bronchitis, infection of the tissues beneath the surface of the skin, tuberculosis, chronic coughs, cancer, kidney ailments. Fenugreek was discovered to have medicinal qualities, including management of metabolic and nutritive disorders such as diabetes.
Fenugreek seeds lead to slow absorption of sugars in the stomach and stimulate insulin. It is said to break up stuck energies and cool inflammation within the body. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property of fenugreek fights inflammation.
· Maintain Healthy Testosterone Level : Some fenugreek uses for men include treating hernias, erectile dysfunction and other male problems, such as baldness. That’s because fenugreek may increase sexual arousal and testosterone levels. Supplements produced from fenugreek have been shown to increase sexual desire and performance in men, as well as naturally remedy impotence.
According to studies it is found that that fenugreek seeds extract had a significant influence on sexual arousal, energy and stamina and helped participants maintain normal testosterone levels.
· Help Digestion Problems : For those suffering from stomach ailments, fenugreek can be a boon. It is an effective treatment for gastritis and indigestion. Fenugreek seed helps in preventing constipation as well as digestive problems created by stomach ulcers. This is because it is a natural digestive tonic, and its lubricating properties help soothe your stomach and intestines.
· Controls Cholesterol Level : Research has proven that fenugreek seeds help to lower the cholesterol level, especially the ‘bad’ cholesterol or LDL in our body. Fenugreek seeds have a flavonoid named naringenin that lowers the lipid levels in those with high cholesterol.
· Promotes Milk Flow in Breastfeeding : Fenugreek seeds also helps breastfeeding women who may experience low milk supply. Fenugreek can increase a woman’s breast milk supply because it acts as a galactagogue, which is a substance to increase milk supply. This stimulates the milk ducts and can increase milk production in as little as 24 hours.
· Good for Diabetes Patients : Diabetics are often recommended to include fenugreek seeds in their diet because of the positive effects they can have on their health. Studies conducted on the effect of fenugreek seeds on type 2 diabetes have produced favorable results. It was found that fenugreek seeds help control blood sugar and decrease insulin resistance.
· Helps with Eating Disorders : Beyond enhancing flavor, fenugreek seeds have been shown to increase appetite, which results in restorative and nutritive properties. According to studies and investigations, it is showed that chronic oral administration of the fenugreek extract significantly increased food intake and the motivation to eat.
The report also indicated, however, that the treatment does not prevent anorexia nor the decreased motivation to eat. In cases of anorexia nervosa, intake of 250 to 500 milligrams of fenugreek seeds up to three times a day, but it may not be safe for children — so with any medication or natural treatments, check with your doctor first.
· Improves Exercise Performance : The Journal of Sports Science and Medicine reports a study of the effects of combined creatine and fenugreek extract supplementation on strength and body composition in men. Fenugreek leads to significant increases in lean mass, bench press and leg press strength.
Fenugreek seeds extract supplementation had a significant impact on upper body strength and body composition as effectively as the combination of creatine with dextrose.
The use of fenugreek with creatine supplementation may be an effective means for enhancing creatine uptake while eliminating the need for excessive amounts of simple carbohydrates, and thus one should consider adding fenugreek to your list of best foods for athletes.
|Serving Size||100 g|
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 6.4 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5 g||8 %|
|Sodium 67 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58 g||21 %|
|Dietary fiber 25 g||89 %|
|Protein 23 g||46 %|
|Folate, DFE 57.00 mcg||14 %|
|Niacin 1.640 mg||10 %|
|Riboflavin 0.366 mg||28 %|
|Thiamin 0.322 mg||27 %|
|Vitamin A 60.00 IU||1 %|
|Vitamin B6 0.600 mg||46 %|
|Vitamin C 3.0 mg||3 %|
|Calcium 176.00 mg||14 %|
|Copper 1.110 mg||123 %|
|Iron 33.53 mg||186 %|
|Magnesium 191.00 mg||48 %|
|Manganese 1.228 mg||35 %|
|Phosphorus 296.00 mg||42 %|
|Potassium 770.00 mg||16 %|
|Selenium 6.3 mcg||11 %|
|Zinc 2.50 mg||23 %|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.