Badian Khatai (Star Anise)
Regular price Rs.600.00 PKR
Regular priceUnit price per
- Top selection
Finest Badian Khatai (Star Anise) is selected, cleaned, and packed in hygienic environment ensuring that all nutritional value is maintained.
- Could Protect Against Stomach Ulcers : Stomach ulcers, also called gastric ulcers, are a painful sore that forms in the lining of your stomach, causing symptoms like indigestion, nausea and a burning sensation in your chest. Anise seed can reduce stomach acid secretion and help prevent stomach ulcers and reduce symptoms.
- Prevents the Growth of Fungi and Bacteria : Studies show that anise seed and its compounds possess potent antimicrobial properties that prevent infections and block the growth of fungi and bacteria. One study demonstrated that anise seed and anise essential oil were especially effective against certain strains of fungi, including yeasts and dermatophytes, a type of fungus that can cause skin disease. Anethole, the active ingredient in anise seed, inhibits bacterial growth as well. In one study, anethole blocked the growth of a specific strain of bacteria that causes cholera, an infection characterized by severe diarrhea and dehydration
- Could Help Relieve Menopause Symptoms : Menopause is the natural decline in women’s reproductive hormones during aging, resulting in symptoms like hot flashes, fatigue and dry skin. Anise seed is thought to mimic the effects of estrogen in your body, potentially reducing symptoms of menopause. Some of the compounds in anise seed may also help prevent bone loss, one of the hallmark symptoms of menopause that occurs as a result of declining estrogen levels in your body.
- Can Reduce Inflammation : In many cases, inflammation is considered a normal response by your immune system to protect against injuries and infection. However, high levels of long-term inflammation are linked to chronic conditions, such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Studies suggest that anise seed may reduce inflammation to promote better health and prevent disease. One study in mice showed that anise seed oil reduced swelling and pain. Other research indicates that anise seed is high in antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation and prevent disease-causing oxidative damage.
- Anti Aging : Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A and C, which help fight free radicals that are responsible for early ageing and diabetes.
- Cough and Flu Treatment : The oil produced from star anise contains thymol, terpineol and anethole, which is used for treating cough and flu.
- Treat Digestive Ailments : Anise also helps improve digestion, alleviate cramps and reduce nausea. Consuming star anise tea after meals helps treat digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation.
- Increase Sex Drive : Drinking one glass of water infused with the crushed seeds of star anise at night can increase one's sex drive.
|Serving Size||100 g|
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Sodium 15 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50 g||17 %|
|Dietary fiber 15 g||60 %|
|Protein 20 g||29 %|
|Vitamin A||5 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
|Potassium 1450 mg||41 %|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.