Anardana (Dry Pomegranate Seed)
- Top selection
Finest Anardana (Dry Pomegranate) is selected, cleaned and packed in hygienic environment ensuring that all nutritional value is maintained.
Pomegranate is rich in anti-oxidants and thus protects our body from free radicals, which are responsible for premature ageing. Free radicals are formed by exposure to sun and due to harmful toxins in the environment.
Antioxidants present in pomegranate act as a ‘thinner for your blood’. The seeds of pomegranate prevent your blood platelets from forming clots and coagulating.
There are two types of blood clots, first is the good one which speeds the recovery during a cut or an injury and second is when there is any internal clot, like in heart, arteries or anywhere else inside the body. These type of clots are not good and can be fatal.
With increasing age and the type of lifestyle we live, the walls of our arteries become harder due to cholesterol, resulting in blockages sometimes. The anti-oxidant property of pomegranate prevents bad cholesterol from oxidizing. So, eating pomegranates removes the excess fat and prevents the hardening of artery walls.
Pomegranate helps to pump the level of oxygen in our blood. Due to anti-oxidants present in pomegranate, it fights free radicals, reduces cholesterol and prevents blood clot. All this eventually helps blood to flow freely and thus improve the level of oxygen in your body.
· Pomegranate can reduce the damage of the cartilage by fighting the enzyme that does so. Pomegranate also has the ability to reduce inflammation.
· Though it is not a wonder drug but yes pomegranate juice can slightly improve erectile dysfunction. And a lot of theories prove this as true.
· Two studies claim that pomegranate juice has the ability to fight prostate cancer. An experiment showed that pomegranate juice slowed the growth and even killed cultured cancer cells. And as we have already mentioned in the second point, pomegranate juice thins the blood and thus improves its condition which in turn prevents cardiovascular diseases.
A study was conducted where people who had a problem with their memory were given 237ml of pomegranate juice every day. After a certain period of time, a lot of improvement was seen in their verbal and visual memory. In fact, another experiment done on mice shows that pomegranate consumption can also prevent Alzheimer’s. But the experiment is yet to be done on humans.
Punicic acid is one of the main constituents of pomegranate that help lower cholesterol, triglycerides and reduce blood pressure.
We all know fibre is good for digestion. But due to our lifestyle where we are inclined towards eating junk food, we miss the goodness of fibre in our vegetables and fruits. Adding pomegranate to your everyday diet can be one the best ways to include fibre in your daily routine. One pomegranate contains 45 per cent of your daily recommended intake of fibre.
Being rich in anti-inflammatory compounds, pomegranates are extremely healthy for those suffering from immune-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and osteroarthrits. They are also rich in vitamin C, which boosts antibody production and helps in the development of immunity. Pomegranates can thus help you maintain a healthy immune system and keep common illnesses and infections at bay.
· Apart from reducing body’s internal oxidative stress, pomegranates also help lower psychological stress that you go through in your personal and professional life. According to a study conducted by Queen Margaret University, people who drank pomegranate juice had lower levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that is increased under stressful situations.
· You use mouth wash to improve your oral health, but much to your surprise pomegranate juice can be a better option than alcohol containing mouth washes. Certain compounds in pomegranate exhibit strong antiplaque effects. A study showed that hydroalcoholic extract of pomegranate effectively lowered dental plaque formation due to microorganisms build up by almost 84 per cent.
· everal studies conducted over the years have testified that regularly eating pomegranates could be excellent for your bone health. Animal studies have also shown that the fruit could have a preventive effect on bone loss. High flavonols present in the fruit actively help fight any inflammation which could cause problems like cartilage damage and osteoarthritis. There are growing researches being done to study its effect on reducing problems like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and other joint problems. In fact, the antioxidant content found in pomegranate juice also benefits athletic performance. Runners are actively encouraged to consume the fruit as well since it could potentially enhance performance, aerobic activity and build endurance.
·There's another hidden benefit to the red fruit. Pomegranates, with its rich antioxidant content, has been found to lower oxidative stress levels in the body. Oxidative stress has been linked to sperm dysfunction as well as decreased fertility in women. Studies are underway to understand other potent benefits it may carry for the reproductive system. Apart from this, pomegranates could also power up your sex life. The fruit has been shown to increase testosterone levels, the sex hormone in both men and women. It also increases blood flow to the genital region. For this reason, the fruit also earns the nickname of being 'natural viagra'.
|Serving Size||100 g|
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1.2 g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1 g||0 %|
|Sodium 3 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19 g||7 %|
|Dietary fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugar 14 g|
|Protein 1.7 g||3 %|
|Folate, DFE 38.00 mcg||10 %|
|Niacin 0.293 mg||2 %|
|Thiamin 0.067 mg||6 %|
|Vitamin B6 0.075 mg||6 %|
|Vitamin C 10.2 mg||11 %|
|Vitamin K 16.4 mcg||14 %|
|Copper 0.158 mg||18 %|
|Iron 0.30 mg||2 %|
|Magnesium 12.00 mg||3 %|
|Phosphorus 36.00 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 236.00 mg||5 %|
|Zinc 0.35 mg||3 %|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|