desi Lobia White (Black Eyed Bean)
- Top selection
Finest desi Lobia White (Black Eyed Bean, Cowpea) is selected, cleaned and packed in hygienic environment ensuring that all nutritional value is maintained.
- Prevents Cancer : White Lobia possesses folate (Vitamin B9) which assists in lowering the chances of neural tube defects like anencephaly or spina bifida. The deficiency of folate leads to the birth defects such as malformations of limb and heart. Folate is also essential for the replication of DNA because the fetus cells could not grow without the presence of folate. This is an essential vitamin that is necessary for having a healthy pregnancy. The pregnant women should consume the prenatal vitamin so that they would consume the adequate amount of folate. Black eyed bean possesses Vitamin B9 by 356 µg which provides the eighty nine percentage of the daily recommended value.
- Prevents Anemia : White Lobia possess the mineral (Iron) in high amount which eliminates the anemia. Iron assist in the protein metabolism which is essential for the RBCs and hemoglobin production and also inhibits anemia. Anemia is the result of the low hemoglobin and red blood cells. Anemia affects the body parts and also reduces the energy levels. It leads to the poor functioning of the brain and reduction in immunity. World Health Organization surveys that the half of the anemia cases are caused due to the deficiency of iron and other are caused due to the genetic factors.
- Supports a Healthy Metabolism : Potassium, copper, various antioxidants and folate assist to maintain the metabolism health in the people who intake the cowpeas daily. Copper acts as an essential part in functioning 50 different reactions of metabolic enzymes in the body. The reactions of enzymes are vital to maintain the smooth functioning of metabolism. 0.458 mg of copper is present in the cowpeas.
- Helps Maintain Strong Bones : Lobia possess the calcium and phosphorus which is a vital mineral to maintain the strength and structure of bones. Manganese assists in the formation of bones by regulating the enzymes and hormones which is involved in the process of bone metabolism. Phosphorus assists in the mineral density of bones that forbids the bone break, fracture and osteoporosis. To have the healthy bones, it is a must to balance the calcium and phosphorus levels. Cowpeas contains 4% calcium, 38% phosphorus and 35% manganese. The osteoporosis in women is helped with the presence of vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, calcium, copper and boron in cowpea.
- Encourages Mental Well-being : White Lobia possesses tryptophan which is effective for treating disorders of social anxiety, insomnia and provides a sound sleep. It assists the neurotransmitters which maintain the level of energy, control mood and appetite. The black eyed bean can enhance the level of histidine as it possesses histidine in 0.41 mg which provides thirty three percent of the daily recommended value.
- Helps Heal and Repair Muscle Tissue : White Lobia contain isoleucine which assist to raise the endurance and also fixes the tissue in the muscles and promotes the clotting of the injury. The presences of amino acids enhance the energy. Valine, isoleucine and leucine are three chain of amino acid which enhances the recovery of muscles. It also stabilizes the blood sugar. 0.53 grams Isoleucine, 1.01 grams leucine and 0.63 grams Valine is obtained in one cup of cooked cowpeas.
- Helps Maintain Bowel Health : The cowpeas possess dietary fibers which promote and softens the stool. It reduces the constipation with the easy flow of bulky stool. The bulk is added to the stool because the fiber helps to absorb the water. The diet rich in fiber reduces the chances of small pouches in the colon and hemorrhoids.
- Supports a Healthy Cardiovascular System : The presence of Vitamin B1 is a must for the production of neurotransmitter which is also known to be acetylcholine which passes messages between the muscles and nerves. The recent studies summarizes that thiamine counteracts with the heart diseases and maintains the healthy function of ventricles which cures the heart failure. Adding vitamin B1 rich food Cowpeas to your diet may help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Supports Immune System : Black eyed bean possess threonine which may assists the immune system by promoting the antibodies production. The threonine produces the serine and glycine which is essential for the collage, muscle tissue and elastin production. It maintains the healthy and strong connective muscles and tissues. White lobia which is rich in threonine may help to boost your Immune system
- Prevent Cold Sores : The lysine in the cowpea reduces the genital herpes or cold sores and also speeds up the healing process. The daily intake of the cowpeas reduces the chances of recurrence of cold sores. One cup of cowpea provides 0.90 g of lysine which means 27% of DV.
- Prevent Depression : The amino acid phenylalanine in white lobia may help to prevent depression. The studies have shown that the phenylalanine is effective for the therapy of depression. The mood of the people was improved as they took phenylalanine because the raise in the production of chemicals such as norepinephrine and dopamine. Hence depression and other health conditions such as migraines and insomnia may prevent by adding phenylalanine rich food Cowpeas to your diet.
- Prevent Diabetes : White Lobia possess high amount of magnesium which is essential for the metabolism of glucose and carbohydrate. The research summarizes that the intake of the food rich in magnesium reduces the chances of the type 2 diabetes by 15% in approx. The clinical studies show that the intake of magnesium improves the insulin sensitivity. The researchers have shown that the low presence in the level of magnesium leads to the defect in the secretion of insulin and also reduces the sensitivity of insulin. It inhibits diabetes but does not cure it. As it possess the carbohydrate by 27%, it stimulates the level of glucose so the patients of chronic diabetes must consult with medical professional before consume it.
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value *
|Total Fat 2.1 g
|Saturated fat 0.5 g
|Sodium 58 mg
|Total Carbohydrate 60 g
|Dietary fiber 11 g
|Protein 24 g
|Folate, DFE 639.00 mcg
|Niacin 2.795 mg
|Pantothenic acid 1.511 mg
|Riboflavin 0.170 mg
|Thiamin 0.680 mg
|Vitamin B6 0.361 mg
|Calcium 85.00 mg
|Copper 1.059 mg
|Iron 9.95 mg
|Magnesium 333.00 mg
|Manganese 1.544 mg
|Phosphorus 438.00 mg
|Potassium 1375.00 mg
|Selenium 9.1 mcg
|Zinc 6.11 mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.